Wowhead had the opportunity to interview Lead Software Engineer on World of Warcraft Classic, Brian Birmingham. In the interview, we cover topics in Wrath of the Lich King Classic ranging from Dungeon Finder, Raid Lockouts, Race Change, Faction Balance, Dual Talent Specialization, and Arena PvP.
- With Dungeon Finder being removed in Wrath of the Lich King Classic, the development team is looking at various ways to improve the player experience when finding a group.
- Changing how Raid Lockouts work has been a discussion amongst the team, figuring out a way to reduce the number of "required" runs players might feel obligated to do once Heroic Raids are available.
- Race and Faction Change services will likely not be available in Wrath of the Lich King Classic and the team is exploring various ideas on how to balance racial abilities, considering something fantasy-forward.
- Faction Imbalance is a major concern for the Classic community and the team is looking at ways to solve the issue regarding realm populations and Wintergrasp.
- Pre-Nerf and Post-Nerf boss encounter mechanics won't really be a thing in Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
- Dual Talent Specialization will not be restricted in Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
- The Classic development team is looking at various ways to introduce Ring of Valor in Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
Player reports of botters seen in the world is one of the things that helps us track them down, and we have an improved right-click reporting system going into modern World of Warcraft now, which will be in Wrath of the Lich King Classic as well. The new system is intended to standardize the categories you report people for so it’s easier to track a report of botting versus cheating of a different kind. It’ll capture some additional information automatically as well that’s meant for helping us to work on it at the scale that the problem occurs on.