• Live: io-techin Tekniikkapodcast tänään perjantaina noin klo 15:05 alkaen. Keskustellaan viikon mielenkiintoisimmista tietotekniikka- ja mobiiliaiheista. Suora lähetys YouTubessa. Tule mukaan katselemaan ja keskustelemaan! Linkki lähetykseen >>

3.5 mm plugi korjaus

Voitte vastaa suomeski, mä en vaan pysty kiroittamaan niin sujuvasti. :)

So I effed up my Beyerdynamic DT 990 3.5 mm plug and it snapped in half.
The headphone doesn't have a detachable cable, so I need to replace the plug.
Replacement jacks are only €2-€10, but I'm actually terrible at soldering and would prefer a professional to do it.

But I have no idea where to go and get it fixed!
Any recommendations in Espoo/PKS?
Can be a store or even hifi hobbyist.

You can replace the whole cable from DT990s, your choice of either straight or curled cable. F-Musiikki sells original replacement cables and the job is not too difficult, I've done it twice myself, but if you're not confident F-Musiikki will also do the job for you. They have a store in Vantaa.

F-Musiikki does that? And I just thought they were just a reseller chain. I had no idea they do such hands on stuff!

Ha, they even mention fixing headphones in their promo video:

Thanks for the awesome tip tuskis!

Just a word of warning, the cable can be huge PITA to replace without a good soldering iron. Overheating the soldered contact point for the cable replacement will kill the driver, as the extremely thin wire on the driver will burn out.

Yeah, I've also read that some cables are intertwined with nylon fibers, so you actually first have to get rid of those, like by burning those off, in order to get a clean contact.
So many things to consider. Just another reason why I'd rather have a professional do that.

Toggle Sidebar

Uusimmat viestit

Statistiikka

Viestiketjut
242 210
Jäsenet
71 187
Uusin jäsen
kyynel

Hinta.fi

Ylös Bottom