Ostetaan Rtx 2080 repair

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post but is there someone who's able to repair rtx 2080 card? (preferly Lahti area) or know who's able to fix it (etc repair shops). Problem started 2 weeks ago when I left game open and later whole pc freeze, after restarting card Doesn't read drivers and making some pink dots on monitor. I was able to fix it only when I changed hdmi cable to other port and moved gpu a bit but it will freeze pc again once I start any game (gpu still reads my monitor but it just doesn't read drivers) Also tested it on other pc and same issue. Again if it's the wrong place to post then please move it but I'm pretty much looking for repair services.

There probably isnt way to fix it on consumers end. Those "pink dots" usually occurs when vram fails.

Reballing would cost more in finland then gpu itself. You can try use heatgun dirrectly to bga and vram modules and hope for the best

I done some refflowing before, just make sure you won't overheat chips over 200c more then 10min
I don't know if it's good idea to bake the card but I first try to find other way to fix it, I'm sure there is someone who's able to attempt fixing it.

Reballing would cost more in finland then gpu itself. You can try use heatgun dirrectly to bga and vram modules and hope for the best
Is it really more expensive compared to gpu price? Like i see price of like 1000 eur for used 2080, but I think reballingu doesnd take much, maybe 100 eur for the parts and working money 100-200 eur. I'm up to pay like max 400 euros

I don't know if it's good idea to bake the card but I first try to find other way to fix it, I'm sure there is someone who's able to attempt fixing it.
You don't bake in oven you are using heatgun. Basically same as reflow if you know what you are doing.
Whole pcb it's just big heatsink. But yeah better not to do anything if you not sure about it.

Well i know there is someone in Helsinki who reball, but im not aware if they are good or no. Reballing cost probably over 200€ if you find atleast someone who can do it.
@jaspi72 maybe he can help you

Viimeksi muokattu:
Lets say it would cost 250€ for reballing. And 2080 itself in normal market would cost like 450-550 max non S or Ti.
So with reballing its also no warranty it will fix the issue in long term. Try find someone who reflow with infrared terminal and hope it will hold untill market backs to normal

Many brands offer 3 year warranty for their cards, and 2080 is less than 3 years old so you should check that out before reballing or baking.

Many brands offer 3 year warranty for their cards, and 2080 is less than 3 years old so you should check that out before reballing or baking.
I got no recipe and gigabyte wants also recipe for manifacture warranty. I may actually just sell it as broken, may get at least something back. Thanks all for suggestions tho.

muumilapsus

Team SER
I got no recipe and gigabyte wants also recipe for manifacture warranty. I may actually just sell it as broken, may get at least something back. Thanks all for suggestions tho.
Have you tried underclocking the gpu's memory? Best case scenario is, you might at least get some use out of the card if you manage to find a frequency where ram would still work with the drivers.

Have you tried underclocking the gpu's memory? Best case scenario is, you might at least get some use out of the card if you manage to find a frequency where ram would still work with the drivers.

The problem is that I can't get that far, pc freezing before I'm able to finish underclocking, like first I was able just fine doing stuff on windows and it was crashing only when I started some games, now it will freeze once I have been on windows like 1 min.

Toggle Sidebar

Statistiikka

Viestiketjut
240 819
Jäsenet
70 989
Uusin jäsen
BGZ

Hinta.fi

Ylös Bottom