Looking for a Finnish company that can swap out a LGA 1151 socket.

Apologies in advance for the English post.

I picked up the Z390 Godlike from eBay a few months ago, and since I knew I wasn't going to need to build that system right away I had it tested by a local shop in Turku to make sure it worked right when I got it . They tested it a few days after I brought it to them and said it fired up perfectly. I came and picked the system up and paid for them. Brought the boxed system back to our office and put it on a shelf until it was time for the build.

So I pulled it down off the shelf a few days ago and took a look and was pretty surprised to see a Bent pin in the CPU socket. Not just Bent, but Bent back all the way into the diagonally adjoining pin slot. I shot off an email asking the shop how the board could have tested as ok with a bent pin like that. They replied saying that if they had said it was ok then it fired up and there were no issues. Of course it being months later it was pretty hard to press that they either screwed up the board or the testing. But now unfortunately I'm left not being able to put this back on the seller.

So I'm looking for a company here in Finland that has a board pre-heater big enough to take an EATX motherboard, and that is competent to do this job of removing the old socket, cleaning up the old solder, and then soldering a new socket in its place. I've even got a few of the Foxconn LGA 1151 sockets, which are pre balled with solder and everything coming to me in Posti. Bonus points for someone in Turku, but I'll pay to ship the board to someone and back to me if I need it.

If I don't find anyone that does this work (for a reasonable price) then my only option is going to be buying a board pre-heater and hot air rework station and attempting to do the job myself. Hopefully someone here will have some suggestions to save me from this.

For fun here's a YouTube vid of a guy doing the exact job I need done.

Liitteet

Why would you need a whole new socket? For me that looks like you can just bent it back to its original position. Its also possible that its still makes a contact or its just a ground pin so thats why it worked when the store tested it.

Why would you need a whole new socket? For me that looks like you can just Bent it back to its original position. Its also possible that its still makes a contact or its just a ground pin so thats why it worked when the store tested it.
Hey Desgorr, the pin broke when I brought it back to them to take a look and try to bend it back into position. It's possible it is a ground pin, another possibility is that they used a chip to test that didn't happen to use it. I'll be using an i9-9900k which could definitely use a pin that one of the lower tier chips didn't.

I mean, I've seen videos of a guy here in Finland that actually replaced a dead pin, but that process seems to be as difficult as just swapping the socket. I'll be getting the rest of the parts for this build in a couple of weeks, I've already got the CPU and memory, once I get the PSU I can throw them together and see if I can get into the bios. I'm just being realistic that this will probably need to be corrected for this board to be usable.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Company in Helsinki does this kind of repairs.

I'd check first if it is ground or core supply voltage pin. better than 60% chanches that its one of the redundant pins.
Z97 Socket 1150 Motherboard Pins Diagram Needed
Hi Matthew, cheers for this, I meant to come back and make an update but I figured out that this pin is a "VCCGT" pin, or an iGPU power pin. It was laying completely down into the Diagonal Pins space just to the rear of it though which is a ground pin. I'm a little surprised that the shop I took it for testing didn't look at the socket and see this pin issue. It's just Lucky that it didn't short when they tested it. They tried to bend it back when I brought it back to them a couple of days ago and it broke off so everything should be fine now.

Toggle Sidebar

Statistiikka

Viestiketjut
237 521
Jäsenet
70 419
Uusin jäsen
KukkoPärssinen

Hinta.fi

Ylös Bottom