CaseLabs tekee paluun markkinoille ruotsalaisvoimin

Kaotik

Banhammer
Ylläpidon jäsen

Kaotik kirjoitti uutisen/artikkelin:
Vuodesta 1971 asti toiminut CaseLabs tuli tutuksi etenkin harrastajille suunnitelluista koteloistaan, joihin tarjottiin verkkosivuilla vielä kustomointimahdollisuuksia ennen tilausta. Vuonna 2018 yhtiö ajautui kuitenkin konkurssiin, jonka viralliseksi selitykseksi kerrottiin uudet tariffit Kiinan ja Yhdysvaltain välisessä kauppasodassa ja niiden nostamat kustannukset.

Nyt länsinaapurista kuuluu kummia: CaseLabs on perustettu uudelleen. CaseLabs-faniksi tunnustautunut ruotsalainen Emil Rytterstedt on ostanut viime vuonna oikeudet CaseLabs nimeen sekä yhtiön tuotteisiin ja tekee nyt kovaa vauhtia tuloa takaisin markkinoille. Eurooppalaisesta näkökulmasta on hienoa, että uusi yhtiö aikoo hoitaa myös valmistuksen Ruotsissa.

Rytterstedtin mukaan uusi CaseLabs käy parhaillaan läpi alkuperäisiä piirustuksia ja ainakin toistaiseksi kaikki näyttää hyvältä tuotannon käynnistämistä ajatellen. Ensi alkuun yhtiö tulee tarjoamaan varaosia jo olemassa oleville CaseLabs-koteloille, jonka jälkeen se tulee päivittämään ainakin joitain vanhoja koteloita modernein I/O-optioin, GPU:n pystyasennuksen mahdollistavin adapterein ja muin vastaavin ominaisuuksin. Myöhemmin se aikoo myös suunnitella täysin uutta tuotantoa ja silmäkulmassa näkyy jo pienikokoisen uuden kopan pilke.

Lähde: CaseLabs

Linkki alkuperäiseen juttuun

Viimeksi muokattu:
Jos onnistuvat elvyttämään brändin ja valmistuksen Ruotsissa niin ettei laatu notkahda tai hinnat karkaa järjettömyyksiin, on tämä vähintäänkin hieno uutinen.

Pitääpä laittaa muistiin kun kotelo lähtee vaihtoon. Maksan ihan mielelläni lisähintaa siitä, ettei tarvi koskea kiinassa valmistettuun tavaraan.

JES! piti aikanaan Coolermasterin tuotteeseen tukeutua, kun näiden koteloita ei saanut. Nyt voisi harkita uudestaan, mikäli pellin hinta kohdallaan.

Täällä taas itsetehtynä mercury s8 kopio...toivottavasti tämä saa kunnolla nyt tuulta alleen niin voisi ehkä tehdas tekoosen laatikonkin joskus hommailla.

Juha Kokkonen

Ylläpidon jäsen
Caselabsin uusi omistaja on julkaissut tiedotteen yrityksen lähiaikojen suunnitelmiin liittyen:

Friends, fans, and former customers of CaseLabs, I have the great pleasure to announce that CaseLabs is officially back after the bankruptcy in 2018! We are now under new management and have re-located to Sweden, but don't worry, everything you knew and loved about CaseLabs will remain the same. We will carry on the spirit of CaseLabs as best as we can while updating existing models and bringing new models to the market.

Let me introduce myself very briefly: My name is Emil, I'm almost 37 years old, I live in Sweden, and I am the new owner of CaseLabs since October 2021. Ever since I first heard that CaseLabs went bankrupt I've been trying to buy CaseLabs' intellectual property. After a long and drawn-out process the trustee and I finally came to an agreement in the spring of 2021 and the purchase was finalized in October 2021. Since then Daniel and I have been working on bringing CaseLabs back to life again.

Here's how we will unfold this
Daniel and I want to start slow, and not bite off more than we can chew. The ressurection of CaseLabs will happen in several stages. We've recently launched our new website which will be followed by a webshop where we will offer a selection of freshly made spare parts and accessories that are in high demand by our former customers. This is what we refer to as our "soft-launch" of our webshop.

The "hard-launch" of our webshop will happen when we feel that we have manufacturing, quality control, logistics etc under control. With the "hard-launch" we'll once again offer all our case models along with all spare parts and accessories. Basically, we'll operate just as before the bankruptcy. Since we're now based in Sweden, we're looking for partnership for the North American market to lower the shipping costs for out over seas customers. Until we've partnered up with a manufacturer we'll look into off-setting the higher shipping cost to North America with a discount.

Daniel and I are two very passionate individuals when it comes to CaseLabs. We are not content with just keeping things "as is" but want to develop CaseLabs as a brand and expand our product range. I've already talked about the planned multi-stage launch of our webshop - continuing from that we will focus on updating our existing models to "Revision A" with new functionalities and modern compatibility similar to when the SMA8 re-launched as the SMA8-A.

When our existing models are updated we'll start developing brand new models for our line-up. The team has already expressed their desire about doing a SFF model around 7-10L or ~15L. We also have ideas that don't revolve around just updating and designing cases but want to get as close as possible to offer a complete solution for everyone putting together a new system.

We are currently working on a road map to better visualise and communicate our plans for CaseLabs. With the road map you can follow the progress for the different stages and get an aproximate time frame for when the current stage is set to finish and when we're ready to move to the next stage on our road map.

Upcoming survey
We're in the process of making a web-based survey that we will send out to everyone subscribing to our newsletter. The survey is aimed at current owners of a CaseLabs' case who needs spare parts. We hope that the survey will give us valuable data about which spare parts for what models are in demand so we can plan accordingly. We ask you all to please help us by taking your time and filling out the survey. We estimate that the survey will be sent out within a week or two after this newsletter.

Daniel and I are optimistic about the future of CaseLabs, and I hope that you all will follow along on this incredible journey that CaseLabs is about to embark on.

Until then, I wish you all the best!

/Emil

Toggle Sidebar

Uusimmat viestit

Statistiikka

Viestiketjut
239 402
Jäsenet
70 727
Uusin jäsen
pvarjone

Hinta.fi