No signal 5700 amd

So i have 5700 amd red dragon, it doesn't give any signal, either let boot to bios, best attempt i had boot in legacy mode in Linux untill drivers started laoding and then crash. State, no fans, spinning no signal. I tried to use heatgun, but it didn't get me any results. So i wonder if there is any pro can do bios level fixing like with clamp reset bios and check which exactly part from pcb failing?

Viimeksi muokattu:

Nerkoon

Se ainoa oikea
Platinum-jäsen
All power cables are properly connected to card? Also is that card properly in its slot?

It would also help if you could tell your motherboard and power supply models

All power cables are properly connected to card? Also is that card is properly in its slot?

It would also help if you could tell your motherboard and power supply models
Hello,
Thanks for replay. The power supply and motherboard doesn't play down here, since it was tested in my couple test benches. And i already mentioned that i managed to boot in until drivers start loading in legacy mode, and after that is just pure death.

Nerkoon

Se ainoa oikea
Platinum-jäsen
Ok, so lets ask the very basic question: has that card ever worked in any computer?

Ok, so lets ask the very basic question: has that card ever worked in any computer?
Yes that gpu stopped working after powercut, i assume something is cooked, maybe it was flashed to 5700xt and powercut damage bios chip. I don't know i have no expierence measuring resistance and use woltage injection either heat camera

Nerkoon

Se ainoa oikea
Platinum-jäsen
Yes that gpu stopped working after powercut, i assume something is cooked, maybe it was flashed to 5700xt and powercut damage bios chip. I don't know i have no expierence measuring resistance and use woltage injection either heat camera
Do you have any other GPUs to test with to see if your computer properly boots and works? That would make sure that reason is actually your GPU if as you said it stopped working after losing power.

In any case it sounds more or less like hardware problem. If warranty is still valid you could try that or otherwise see if that kind of thing covered by home insurance (assuming that you have one)

Do you have any other GPUs to test with to see if your computer properly boots and works? That would make sure that reason is actually your GPU if as you said it stopped working after losing power.

In any case it sounds more or less like hardware problem. If warranty is still valid you could try that or otherwise see if that kind of thing covered by home insurance (assuming that you have one)
Yes ill try to use home insurance, but first want to check other ways.
And yes i have other gpu to test if system if working

Nerkoon

Se ainoa oikea
Platinum-jäsen
Yes ill try to use home insurance, but first want to check other ways.
And yes i have other gpu to test if system if working
I would start with that test because if your computer works with the other one, it means that the problem is almost quaranteed to be your 5700 GPU. It is always a good idea to make sure that all other parts work in situations like this.

Toggle Sidebar

Uusimmat viestit

Statistiikka

Viestiketjut
248 321
Jäsenet
72 195
Uusin jäsen
Ahaaaa

Hinta.fi

Ylös Bottom